Proper Desk Dimensions for Sitting and Standing Desks (Charts)

While component jobs tend to movement fewer injuries than physical jobs Proper Desk Dimensions for Sitting in addition to Standing Desks (Charts)


While component jobs tend to movement fewer injuries than physical jobs, that doesn’t hateful you lot tin endure whatsoever chronic hurting from sitting at a desk for much of your working day.


Areas of susceptibility include wrists, dorsum in addition to neck.


With precisely about component chair in addition to desk adjustments, you lot tin dramatically mitigate whatsoever injury.  This is called ergonomic component slice of furniture – slice of furniture that’s designed for proper alignment in addition to posture when working at a desk, peculiarly a computer.


Below is our serial of desk dimension diagrams in addition to tables that render all the desk dimension details you lot involve inwards guild to sit down inwards a salubrious fashion at a desk.


PDF version: Click hither to download our desk dimensions graphic.


 


While component jobs tend to movement fewer injuries than physical jobs Proper Desk Dimensions for Sitting in addition to Standing Desks (Charts)


PDF version: Click hither to download our desk dimensions graphic.


A few comments almost the inwards a higher identify diagrams in addition to tables:


I’ve worked inwards offices in addition to bring bought every conceivable type of desk in addition to component chair imaginable.  Here are my thoughts:



  • I’m salubrious nevertheless sitting tin wound my back:  I’m fairly active in addition to bring been most of my life. I’ve never suffered a traumatic injury nevertheless on occasion I’ve had lower dorsum hurting which was probable caused past times sitting at a desk all day.  I honor when I move out regularly in addition to always since getting my novel ergonomic component chair in addition to better component desk that I’ve non had whatsoever dorsum problems.

  • Avoid bending or unnatural angles:  It’s all almost straight lines.  Notice inwards the inwards a higher identify that the best caput grade is positioned straight upwards in addition to downwards looking straight frontward at the screen.  Avoid looking downwards or upward.  Also, in addition to I know this from personal sense amongst my previous chair in addition to desk, in addition to that is ensure a 90° angle at the elbow in addition to thus that the arm extends to the desk parallel to the floor.  This is where an adjustable pinnacle chair helps.

  • Tall people:  I’m 6’3″ tall which way I involve a desk amongst expert clearance underneath.  I involve my chair elevated fairly high, nevertheless non in addition to thus high that my legs instruct mashed into the underside of the desk.

  • Lock chair dorsum upright: I used to prepare my chair dorsum in addition to thus that I could contention backward.  This oft resulted inwards terrible posture in addition to positioning.  Now amongst my novel Herman Miller component chair, I lock the dorsum upright which encourages me to sit down amongst improve posture.

  • Adjust your monitor height:  You tin purchase monitors that bring an adjustable pinnacle or only purchase precisely about monitor stands.  I opted for low-cost monitor stands in addition to thus that I await straight to the monitor.

  • Use larger font on screens:  I bought 2 32″ monitors that I connect to my laptop in addition to I dearest them. They are large plenty in addition to thus that font (print) tin hold out large in addition to thus that I never bring to strain to read anything on the screen.


Standing desks


If you lot bring hapless positioning when standing, you lot defeat the beneficial purposes of standing.  Standing is supposedly healthier, at to the lowest degree standing precisely about of the day.  However, if you lot opt for a standing desk, or precisely about contraption that tin heighten in addition to lower your estimator in addition to thus you lot tin stand upwards or sit, ensure your alignment is good.


I don’t bring standing capability because I’m non large on standing.  I much prefer to sit down piece working.  I ensure I walk, run or play a sport most days of the calendar week inwards lieu of standing.


Related: 46 types of component equipment | 31 types of component chairs | Types of desks | Computer desk options



Source: homestratosphere.com
Tag : Home Offices
0 Komentar untuk "Proper Desk Dimensions for Sitting and Standing Desks (Charts)"

Back To Top