The Art of Sauna Review (a Vancouver Sauna Spa)

Large dry out Finnish sauna at the Art of Sauna  The Art of Sauna Review (a Vancouver Sauna Spa)


Once inward awhile I similar to profile local establishments I enjoy.  Since I’ve encompass saunas on this site equally job of our dwelling trouble solid gyms category (perhaps non the best categorizations but it’ll receive got to do), I idea I’d practise a local write-up most the Vancouver spa sauna called The Art of Sauna.


I’m an avid sauna user.  While I don’t receive got a sauna inward my home, I job 1 at my local community pump several times per week.


Last weekend, piece inward the community pump sauna roughly other immature human being suggested I elbow grease The Art of Sauna inward Burnaby, BC.  It’s a spa dedicated to saunas in addition to steam rooms.  They offering massage equally good which I promise to elbow grease inward the hereafter equally job of the overall experience.








Overview






  • Cleanliness





















  • Aesthetics in addition to Space





















  • Sauna in addition to Steam Room Quality





















  • Customer Service





















  • Price























4.4
































What does Art of Sauna offer?


They offering the next sauna in addition to steam room options:



  • Russian Banya:  large hot sauna where yous tin pour H2O on the rocks. My favorite past times far… but it gets hot.

  • Dry Finnish Sauna:  Large dry out sauna.  It’s a beauty in addition to cookin’ hot.

  • Dry Aroma Sauna: I genuinely didn’t receive got fourth dimension to job this.  It looks skillful though.  Next time.

  • Turkish steam room:  Not equally hot equally other steam rooms, but it’s huge in addition to a neat experience. If yous similar lounging for a long time, this was a decent experience.

  • Eucalyptus steam room:  This was decent but could job a stronger eucalyptus infusion.  You couldn’t genuinely odor it all that much.  I beloved eucalyptus steam rooms in addition to would beloved it to live stronger.

  • Aromatic steam room:  Again, the aroma wasn’t all that potent but the steam room was a skillful experience.

  • Roman room:  This was 1 steam room that I ran out of steam to try.  By this indicate I was cooked.

  • Himalayan tabular array salt room:  This isn’t hot at all (mildly warm).  It’s a nicely appointed room but it didn’t practise much for me. I recall it’s meant to live a meditative experience.


There are chairs throughout the facility that yous tin sit down on inward betwixt sessions. They are pretty much patio chairs, which is good.  Because you’re soaked amongst H2O and/or sweat, they can’t rattling good pose sofas in addition to armchairs throughout.  The flooring is tile equally good amongst prophylactic mats placed on them.


While the facility is decent inward aesthetics in addition to comfort, there’s room for improvement.  That said, the actual steam rooms in addition to saunas are amazing.


Ice-cold H2O bucket dumps:  This was awesome.  See below.


How does it work?


First off, yous ask to brand an appointment, at to the lowest degree that’s what nosotros were told.  This makes sense since the identify tin solely adjust then many people.  I booked a 2-hour slot from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm on Thursday.


Be certain to consummate the online waiver shape earlier showing upwards equally well. This takes solely a few minutes (it’s a rattling slick system).


Upon arrival, I found the receptionist to live friendly.  Not that there’s much they ask to do.  With towels inward hand, I proceeded (with my buddy) to the locker room to pose on my trunks in addition to lock my belongings.


From at that spot it was a plethora of sauna in addition to steam room experiences.


Is the Art of Sauna facility clean?


Yes, the facility is build clean throughout.  The locker rooms were immaculate.  Each steam in addition to sauna infinite was spotless.  There were non bad smells anywhere (no hateful feat for whatsoever steam room).  I was rattling pleased amongst the cleanliness.


Is the facility nice?


I’ve been to much nicer spas but this wasn’t bad.  It’s fairly patently decor-wise, but it’s build clean in addition to spacious.  The locker rooms are genuinely quite good.


The saunas in addition to steam rooms themselves are amazing.  They were clean, large in addition to the facility spared no expense on them.  In fact, I receive got to acknowledge the Finnish sauna in addition to Russian Banya were the 2 best saunas I’ve always used.


Steam rooms must live cleaned regularly in addition to these were.  They were large, offered plenty of keen seating in addition to laid at decent temperatures.


While I beloved a skillful steam room, I prefer saunas in addition to the saunas at the Art of Sauna did non disappoint.  The Russian Banya where yous tin splash water


The ice-cold H2O bucket dump


There are a twosome shower areas inward the facility that receive got a H2O bucket dump.  You walk in, clitoris the rope in addition to a huge bucket of ice-cold H2O pours downwards on you.  It’s exhilarating, refreshing in addition to amazing.  I did this iii times.  It elevates the sense large time.  I’ve used mutual depression temperature dip plunge pools inward the past, but the bucket dump worked keen for a quick cool-off then that you’re fix to become for roughly other round.


What should yous wear?


Most people wearable a bathing suit (as did I). You tin job merely a towel, but undergarments or going naked is non permitted.


Was it crowded?


I went on a Th from 4:30 to 6:30 pm.  It wasn’t likewise crowded at all. In other words, at that spot was never a fourth dimension when at that spot wasn’t room to job a sauna or steam room.


What else practise they offer?


Your entry fee includes a shower towel, a smaller towel to sit down on inward the sauna in addition to a rattling cool electronic primal for the electronic lockers.


There are H2O dispensers located throughout the facility which came inward handy since I forgot my H2O bottle.  You’d recall amongst how oft I job the sauna, I wouldn’t forget the H2O bottle.


The locker rooms include 2 showers to build clean upwards afterward.  Note, however, that lather or shampoo is non provided then select your own.


The locker rooms are spacious in addition to genuinely quite prissy to use.


This identify is a full-blown spa offering (none of which I tried but volition volume a massage inward the future):



  • Massage

  • Osteopathy

  • Skincare services.


Is at that spot parking?


Yes in addition to this was great.  There is gratis cloak-and-dagger parking which is convenient.


How much does it cost?


My 2 hr session toll $40 summation tax.  It’s a footling steep, but it’s also an elevated sauna sense that isn’t offered many places.  I wouldn’t become daily but 1 time inward a piece it’s a prissy splurge.


For $60, yous tin become for 4 hours.


They also sell a diverseness of mass passes which reduces the per-visit cost.


Where is the Art of Sauna?


Since I function inward downtown Vancouver, I’d beloved it if this identify opened upwards a location downtown.  Instead, it’s inward Burnaby which is a flake of a haul from downtown Vancouver. It took me 45 minutes to drive at that spot inward rush hour.  While I wouldn’t practise this drive daily, 1 time every a few weeks is worth it.  In the future, I’ll in all probability become on a weekend when at that spot isn’t much traffic.


It’s located at:


7818 sixth street, Burnaby,

British Columbia, V4N 4N8


Will I become again?  Do I recommend it?


Yes, I volition become again.  I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 hours there.  Unless I add together on a massage, 2 hours is to a greater extent than than plenty time.


If you’re into the sauna and/or steam room experience, this is a keen identify to go.


Learn more


Visit the Art of Sauna website for to a greater extent than info.  The FAQ is decent.



Source: homestratosphere.com
Tag : Home Gyms
0 Komentar untuk "The Art of Sauna Review (a Vancouver Sauna Spa)"

Back To Top